Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sisters

Mo Mo Marley




We have a new addition to our family, (or should I say my son does!) Mo Mo (not my choice) is her name she is Marley's sister. We adopted Marley in June of this summer, and felt good about rescuing a kitten from a litter of 6 that had been born to a cat that was an outside cat, that was not very well cared for. We knew that her kittens would probably have the same fate. Well fast forward to November and the mom and all but one kitten from that litter had died. (Like I said not very well cared for) Tayler (my son) was at the house were these kittens were living and has always had a soft spot for this one named Mo. He called and said she was freezing and purred whenever you picked her up. He felt very sorry for her, because he knew she would probably not make it through the winter, and could he bring her home and take care of it? Of course I knew she'd end up being the family's responsibility, and not just his (seeing as he's 20 and never home!) little did he mention that she was sick! Well two vet visits later she is trying to get better, but I'm not so sure she's glad she got rescued. She runs every time she sees me. I'm the one who has been cleaning her up, and giving her, her medicine. She is very lovable and I think that she will make a very nice pet. For now I feel sorry for her because she doesn't feel very good. We found out yesterday she has round worm (probably from fending for herself for a lot of her food) and giardia (from the lack of fresh water) having just one of these things will make your stomach very upset, having them both together!! Oh man, can I just say she's had to live in a bathroom, that can be bleached easily! I long for the day she can come out and meet the rest of the family!!

No comments:

Counting the days of summer vacation